Contacts: Prof. Masaru Yamada and Dr. Mark Seligman
Focus of the Commercial Users and Translators track will be twofold: First, how can MT help individual translators – whether novice translators, language learners, or professional translators – to produce their translations? And second, how can MT help Language Service Providers and enterprise users deliver their products and services most effectively? Submissions should report on the integration of MT with other processes and technologies to support language services and serve customer needs in commercial settings.
Example MT use cases include supply of on-demand localization; provision of technical support information in multiple languages; enablement of global consumer-to-consumer transactions; and support of communication in crisis scenarios. Example products and services include MT integration with translator assistant tools; cloud-based MT services for integration with other web and mobile applications; and customization and deployment of MT engines for specific needs. Additional topics are listed below.
- Submission: June 1
- Notification of acceptance: July 1
- Final camera-ready versions due: Aug 1
- MT Summit is Sept 18 – 22
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use of MT as a communication tool in a crisis scenario
- Use of MT as a translators’ assistant: benefits, challenges, training requirements
- Use of MT for language learning
- Studies of post-editing productivity data
- Quality evaluation for MT post-editing services or MT-assisted translation
- Integration of MT with voice recognition systems
- Integration of MT with source content analysis and classification tools
- Integration of MT with web and mobile applications, such as social media
- Integration of MT into CAT tools
- Static or real-time domain adaptation and change management of MT systems in commercial deployments
- Use of MT to address global enterprise “big data” requirements such as web analytics
- Use of MT for cross-language search
- Use of MT in crowd-sourced translation environments
- Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of MT in commercial settings
What to submit:
Please submit a 250- to 500-word abstract describing your presentation to the Commercial MT Users Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 pm PDT (GMT +9 hours), Thursday, June 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, you can ask the Program Chairs at this same email address.
Ideal presentations will describe how MT helps to address a specific business challenge, with an objective assessment of its strengths and weaknesses for that particular challenge, supported by quantitative measures.
Submissions should not contain commercial solicitations of specific tools.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit your presentation for publication in the MT Summit XVI Conference Proceedings. Publication in the Conference Proceedings is not a requirement, but we strongly suggest that you make your presentation available so that other people can learn from your experiences.