UTX (simple glossary format)AAMT
Updated: August 8, 2016
UTX (Universal Terminology eXchange) is a simple, standardized glossary format that can be easily shared and reused across various tools. The specification and sample glossaries are available for free.
Japan Patent Office UTX glossary is released!
If you are interested in UTX, please contact us through the following form: We welcome organizations and individuals who could collaborate with us to develop the specification of UTX, to provide and/or build glossaries and tools, and to perform evaluation.
Attention: Please CLICK the button AGAIN on the next screen to submit your message. This site currently does not support SSL. Therefore, the transmission of your data to our server is not encrypted.
By using the specifications of UTX and its derivative specifications established by the AAMT (hereinafter collectively called “UTX Specifications”) or the glossary data based on UTX Specifications (hereinafter called “UTX Glossary Data”), you agree to be bound by the following terms. The invalidity or unenforceability of this disclaimer shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
1. To the authors of UTX Glossary Data and related tools from the AAMT and its members:
(1) The UTX Specifications are released under Creative Commons 4.0 BY. Anyone can use and distribute the UTX specifications and their derivatives with modifications for commercial and non-commercial purposes, provided that the users must clearly display that (1) the original author is the AAMT, and that (2) the original specification is available at the URL
(2) THE AAMT AND ITS MEMBERS PROVIDE UTX SPECIFICATIONS “AS IS,” WITH NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER. YOU SHOULD USE UTX SPECIFICATIONS AND UTX GLOSSARY DATA AT YOUR OWN RISK.
(3) THE AAMT AND ITS MEMBERS SHALL NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR UTX SPECIFICATIONS AND THE RESULT OF THEIR USE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE EXISTENCE OF INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS AND THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY AND QUALITY OF THE TRANSLATION.
(4) THE AAMT AND ITS MEMBERS SHALL NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR VERIFYING NOR DO THEY GUARANTEE THE LEGITIMACY OF THE COPYRIGHT FOR EACH UTX GLOSSARY DATA. YOU AND THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF EACH UTX GLOSSARY DATA ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LEGAL PROBLEM IF IN ANY CASE THAT THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF THE UTX GLOSSARY DATA IS NOT THE LEGITIMATE HOLDER OF THE APPROPRIATE COPYRIGHT.
(5) The AAMT and its members grant you the permission to stipulate the terms and conditions for the use of UTX Glossary Data by their users for commercial or non-commercial purposes as long as you have the appropriate copyright; provided, however, that the author of UTX Glossary Data is solely responsible for verifying the legitimacy of the copyright for data used in the UTX Glossary Data.
(6) THE AAMT AND ITS MEMBERS SHALL NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE TOOLS RELATED TO UTX GLOSSARY DATA.
2. To the users of UTX Glossary Data from their authors:
The users of UTX Glossary Data may make use of UTX Glossary Data, in accordance with their license terms and conditions. Since the license terms and conditions of UTX Glossary Data are varied, please confirm the license indicated in the UTX file header.
3. To the users of UTX Glossary Data and related tools from the AAMT and its members:
THE AAMT AND ITS MEMBERS SHALL NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE UTX SPECIFICATIONS AND THE RESULT OF THEIR USE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE EXISTENCE OF INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS AND THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY AND QUALITY OF THE TRANSLATION. You should resolve such problems between you and the author of the UTX Glossary Data.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright (C) AAMT, 1996